Monday, January 08, 2007

HERE’S JONNY

So many might have noticed my absence, but that was explained in the previous blog post. So I’d thought I’d share some randomness from my trip across the ocean.

Day 1: in cinema seeing the pursuit of happiness when the lights come on and there is an announcement that a tornado has been sighted please evacuate the cinema and proceed to the tornado shelter, please do not leave the mall. Like day 1!!!

Visiting a southern Baptist church, it was big, the worship hall could have fitted my whole church site in (or close to at least). Preaching was good glad the gospel is the same in the US

Bookstores, the main bookstore has Christian books in, like ones you would want to read!

Food, I had root beer, American beer (yes it is as bad as everyone thinks). Taco bell, authentic Mexican, American burgers, dinner milkshakes, homemade fudge, and southern fried chicken

Texas being famous for the Wild West meant we went to the historic stockyards, got to see a Rodeo, funnier was the reaction of Lindsey and her mum going into the rodeo and smelling the air. Saw calf lassoing, stunt riding, bull riding and the works. Also got to try on cowboy stuff 

Cars, all the cars are bigger, the roads are bad. Many many trucks on the road, but petrol is about 1/3 of the price, it costs the same in petrol to run a gas guzzling truck as it did my fiesta. Also saw a beautiful 65” mustang being done up/

New years, spent time with some of Lindsey’s family friends in a huge house, really Texan people playing poker and pool.

Films saw night at the museum, the pursuit of happiness and children of me. Children of men was really good but made me homesick as it is all filmed on location in Kent and London.

Culture, went to see the bodyworlds exhibit. If you get the opportunity see it, yes they are real bodies but my word you see just how good God is in his making of the human body!!!

Shopping, I gave in and bought cheap Oakleys, not that I will have a chance to use them much in wet England but I am weak.

Overall it was a good trip, but now its back to reality and time to get work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home