Monday, February 06, 2006

LONDON CALLING.....

It hard with FE events to find fruit and encouragement at times. You turn up to London and there are more staff than students, your CU’s could have benefited so much yet all had other things on. YET you’ll do it because God wants you to. Atcauly I thought the day was really good and I got a lot to help me in FE work and to help train others in my CU’s.
We were helpfully reminded of “God uses the weak and foolish things” in this world.
The bible is full of them:
*Goliath bought down by some scrawny kid with a pebble
*Gideon saves middian with 300 men
*A talking donkey!
*Ablimelech was killed by some woman dropping a mill stone on his head
Yet in all these it is God working and we know that because they are soo weak and foolish! God show himself powerfully in the weak and foolish things.
Likewise, the Gospel, a crucified king, God on a cross! To those who don’t know its seems weak and foolish. Yet we know that this is actually the best news ever, because we can’t save ourselves, God does it for us, again God acts and is Glorified in seemingly week and foolish situations.
I don’t know what your CU, Church, work situation is, I don’t know how weak and foolish you feel at the moment, you might be sitting there wondering how on earth God could be working in your situation if God could use you at all????
God uses weak and foolish people and situations, like me and my work.

SIZE DOESN’T MATTER, ITS WHAT GOD DOES WITH IT THAT COUNTS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home