Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Home

so its all over, Relay has finnished what now in my life and travels? well there is a lot in the short term, missions, camps, weddings (1st 3 weekends in july!!) kayaking etc. However it all stops in August. What then?

well i've applied to the police and that takes absolutly ages like 6-9 months so i'm back home at my parents house facing the joys of temp work in an enviroemnt where i'm not going to be tr4eated as i normaly am and is also not going to last.

After all the excitement to relay 3 thinking about workplace ministry i was all fired up to launch into the next phrase of God's big plan for my life, excited and ready. However God is saying wait. so i'll wait.

Playing this song by the beautiful south kinda summed up my feeling about leaving friends to live at home:
Do you know where I'm gonna go?
None of you have guessed, so none of you can know
If you've been, that's not where I mean
It's got class and it's got excellence like you've never seen

Your town is dragging me down
Dragging me down, down, down
Your town is dragging me down
Dragging me down, down, down

in retro spect i can look over team days and find some comfort. We were looking at moses and the piont came up that between chapters 2 and 3 of Exodus there is a gap of 40 years, the piont being there is normality in life, God uses that time to form us and shape us for the next stage/challange/trial/unexpected event that will come our way.

As i write this i think i see things a bit more clearly,, hands up it was just meant to be a moan with the sarcastic song, but God has bought to mind team days trainign and its meaning and indeed challange.

I face a period of uncertain waiting in between relay and whever i go.
will i trust God?
will i carry on in disipline and growing in Christ?
will i continue to live by grace?

all those who read and know me please challange me as i want the answers to the above to be YES !

1 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Bokey said...

Jonny, glad to see you are thinking about this and not just sliding away. Its a real challenge to me. Thanks mate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home